- About Us
About California Labor Solutions
Founded in 2007, California Labor Solutions is a specialized HR consulting firm that provides comprehensive, personalized Human Resources outsourcing services to organizations throughout California.
Going beyond traditional HR firms’ offerings, we take a full-service approach to solving our clients’ biggest challenges. This includes objectively identifying risks, gathering facts, designing HR solutions, training teams, and staying with you every step along the way.
We are passionate about our work and take great pride in our reputation, as evidenced by our many long-term clients and high referral rate. Our relationships with our clients are very important to us, and we look forward to demonstrating how we can blend seamlessly into your team.
Whether you’re proactively looking for HR support or dealing with an HR crisis, the team at CLS is here to guide you through the process. Our core services include: HR outsourcing, employee relations and performance management, regulatory compliance, workplace investigations, and interactive training programs.
Why choose California Labor Solutions?
We established California Labor Solutions LLC (CLS) to fill the gap between the large HR corporations who weren’t prioritizing small businesses over their large-contract clients and the small firms that can only offer a limited scope. The result is an expertise you can trust, the personal service you want, and the price you can afford.
We’re earning our clients’ confidence and loyalty every day because we offer a range of services comparable to the large firms with the boutique-style attention that makes you feel like family.
We have been trusted in the community since 2007. The team at CLS is driven by our passion for helping local businesses thrive. So, we’ve tailored solutions that can grow with your needs.
Our Three Pillars of Service:
- Personalized – Each client has a dedicated HR Advisor who gets to know their business and its specific needs, and together we help you overcome your most significant HR Challenges.
- Proficient – Our clients deserve the highest-quality expertise. We believe in blending ongoing education with extensive experience – and we deliver a level of knowledge and skill that would otherwise be financially out of reach to many small businesses.
- Partnership – Our clients’ success is our primary goal. This means taking a partnership approach to our work, treating each client’s business as if it were our own, and offering scalable solutions that can grow with your evolving needs. The expertise you can trust at a price you can afford – it’s that simple.
About Shawn Larry, Founder and CEOPowered by a passion for helping his clients thrive, Shawn takes a solutions-driven approach to human resources. He’s spent nearly two decades delivering strategic HR leadership and effective HR solutions to organizations in both the public and private sectors. As the CEO of California Labor Solutions LLC (CLS), Shawn partners with his clients – providing trusted guidance for their most crucial business decisions. To address a broad range of business challenges, Shawn believes in the importance of combining experience and education. He holds a J.D. from UOP-McGeorge Law School; a B.A. from UC, Santa Barbara; a California private investigator license; and a variety of HR certifications and credentials, including mediation, SPHR, and IPMA-SCP. He’s held positions ranging from Human Resources Generalist & EEO Officer to Chief Human Resources Officer and Labor Negotiator. Shawn’s comprehensive expertise and client-centered values support his most fundamental goal – to exceed expectations by offering strategic HR services that inspire confidence in the CEOs and managers who depend on his leadership.
Our Credentials at a Glance
- Extensive experience as HR consultants and HR directors in the public and private sectors – including a diverse array of public sector organizations such as Community College Districts, Public/Private Universities, and State/Federal Governmental Agencies and Counties.
- Long-established history providing HR leadership to organizations ranging from micro to large – with employee numbers ranging from 20 to 5,000+.
- Credentialed “California Licensed Private Investigator” (PI#26311).
- Conducted hundreds of workplace investigations involving employee misconduct and EEO complaint investigations.
- Handled hundreds of employee grievances and litigated numerous full evidentiary administrative hearings regarding disciplinary appeals, discrimination/retaliation complaints, and collective bargaining agreement (contract) disputes.
- Certified Mediator for complex workplace disputes.